Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Things about Philippines that I miss the most

I have been away from Manila for exactly 4 years now. I left June 2003 to chase my dreams. I never thought I would be away for so long. So here's the list of the things that I terribly miss:

1. My family - I was used to not having my dad around always for he works abroad the entire time, but I grew up having my mom, sister and lola by my side each day
2. My friends - it's so hard to find real friends these days
3. My car - I was the family driver
4. Passenger jeepneys (dyip) - "Mama, bayad ho, isang Almar!" or "Mama, para ho!"
5. Tricycles
6. Barbeque stands to satisfy my "isaw" craving
7. SM Fairview and its foodcourt
8. The thrill that I get every time I have a zero balance in a middle of an exciting conversation on the phone a.k.a text messaging (Check Operator Services) - good thing, now they have this so-called "Pasa Load" promo.
9. Worlds of Fun or Story Land to kill time during a 5-hour lunch break back in college.
10. Videoke - Filipinos love to sing
11. Dunkin' Donuts - for 25 pesos you can get 2 donut de fruta and a cup of coffee
12. Long road trips - the most memorable one was the first time I went to Baguio with my classmates in college
13. Fantastic sceneries - Philippines is known for being a picturesque
14. Henlin siomai
15. Shell Select in front of AMA Fairview
16. My never ending supply of Lucky Me pancit canton and lapaz batchoy - so expensive at Philam Store in Woodside
17. Sari-sari stores a.k.a deli store here
18. Sago't gulaman
19. Fiesta
20. Fish balls

3 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Chi said...

ako miss ko lang sa pinas si jenna at glenn :(

3:28 PM  
Blogger babyjelz said...

pansin mo bang puro related sa food??

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Club Live | Play at Lucky Club Casino Site
Lucky Club Online Casino UK is a Licensed UK-based online casino offering more than 1700 casino games and live games across all platforms: desktop, 카지노사이트luckclub

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home